Become part of worldwide STEM teaching programs!!
E2 Young Engineers Greater Metro Perth as part of e2 Young Engineers in Australia provides prestigious after school activities for primary school children in the fields of leisure and science. Currently we are looking for part-time instructors who are passionate about science and technology and love working with children to expand our team in greater metro Perth area.
In Bricks Challenge program we will use motorised Lego in order to teach theoretical STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects. After the short theoretical explanation, the children will start building motorised
Lego models to understand and implement the theory they have just learned.
Work will be casual in nature and be predominantly after school hours (between 3 pm and 6pm) and occasionally weekend/school holiday days (from 9am to 4pm).
We require well-spoken, well-presented instructors who can confidently lead a classroom of up to 16 students from year1-6 in our fun and engaging programs. You will be provided with on the job training.
All lesson plans, building instruction sheets and specially designed Lego kits will be provided.
- Completed Year 12, preferably with a strong Physics background
- Degree or toward degree in Education, Science, Engineering
- You must have a Working With Children check or be willing to get one
- Must love working with children and have a passion for guidance
- Must be passionate about science, physics, and technology
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Punctual, responsible and reliable
- Experience in teaching/guiding especially with children – an advantage
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to perform manual task including carrying the Lego kits, setting up the venue and cleaning up afterwards
- Own transport and WA drivers licence (our locations and schedule of the schools can be found here)
To apply for the position please fill the form below. You MUST send a COVER LETTER outlining why you fit the role requirements along with your CV. Alternatively send your cover letter and availability (days of the week) to email@example.com.